What’s not to adore about Cement floor tiles? Why are patterned cement tiles a staple in home decor?
- They’re unique.
- They’re versatile.
- They’re made with 100% natural, recyclable materials.
- And they’re 200% over-the-moon, splendid for home décor.
Let’s hop right into the how, what, where, and why of these swoon-worthy tiles. Vamos!
- Is it Cement Tile or Concrete Tile?
- How Cement Encaustic Tiles Are Made
- Patterned Cement Tile Is Customizable
- Different Types Of Cement Tiles
- Shop for Cement Mexican Tiles in Our Samples Store
- How Much Do Cement Floor Tiles Cost?
- Popular Uses For Cement Style Tile
Is it Cement Tile or Concrete Tile?
Great question. You might see the terms “concrete” and “cement” used interchangeably in floor tile discussions, but they’re technically two different materials.
What’s the difference between cement and concrete tiles?
- Concrete is made from a mixture of cement, sand, and large aggregates (such as gravel).
- Cement is an ingredient of concrete. It is also created using sand and cement. Still, it incorporates natural pigments and additives like marble powder instead of aggregates.
(We sometimes refer to our Cement tiles as Concrete Tiles.)
How Cement Encaustic Tiles Are Made
Our three-layer creation process ensures that each unique, encaustic-style Cement tile we offer is beautiful and durable.
- The Wear Layer: We refer to this layer as the concrete tile face, crafted from Portland white cement, powdered white marble, and natural pigments.
- The Second Layer: A mortar of Portland cement and fine sand makes layer #2.
- The Third Layer: Last but not least, the third layer comprises a porous mixture that stands up to daily wear and tear.
Creating high-quality Cement tiles is both a science and an art. Therefore, it’s essential to go with an experienced supplier that understands this and knows how to get it right.
Patterned Cement Tile Is Customizable
Calling all interior designers, architects, and builders! If you’re in the construction or home décor trade, Cement tiles are the product for you.
And a shoutout to all our homeowners out there: if you’re ready to let your personal style shine, these tiles are your ticket.
Also known as Mission tiles, handcrafted Cement tiles are the definition of authenticity. No two tiles or customized designs are exactly alike. So your unique project is unique and never duplicated.
How To Customize a Cement Tile
Put your stamp on a residence or business with a customized Cement tile pattern. The process is simple:
- Choose a pattern.
- Select colors.
- We make it for you.
Different Types Of Cement Tiles
Authentic cement tiles are handcrafted by skilled artisans, often in Mexico. In fact, they are manufactured in any shape, color, or style based on project requirements. Additionally, these artisan-produced tiles are most commonly used to create cement tile floors, accent walls, and bathroom or kitchen backsplashes.
So, you can enjoy the journey of creating your signature Cement tile design and leave the heavy lifting to us. We offer handcrafted, customizable Cement tile options to each and every customer, from individuals to trade professionals.
Patterned Cement Tiles
Cement tiles are a mood. Whatever your personality, whatever your space’s energy, these tiles are eager to help you express it. We create our Cement tiles in a wide array of luxurious colors and patterns to cater to any space.
Choose from the dozens of stunning patterns we have in stock, or dive into the world of custom designs. Here are a few helpful starting ideas:
- Intricate patterns spice up a basic space.
- Streamlined, geometric patterns channel a sophisticated appeal.
- Pull from your favorite style or time period for inspiration – patterns run the gamut from Victorian to modern.
Solid Color Cement Tiles
Our solid color Cement tiles come in an array of luxurious tones. Options range from soft and muted to bold and vibrant – each with its own visual appeal and ‘wow’ factor:
- Earthy brown and warm yellow radiate rustic charm.
- Vibrant red and aqua add a dash of pizzazz to bedrooms, bathrooms, and living rooms.
- Solid colors complement other design elements such as artwork, furniture, and lighting fixtures.
With so many color, size, and style options at your fingertips, you’re sure to find the perfect design for your space.
Bonus: if you can’t decide between patterns or solid colors, try both! Patterned Cement tiles and solid color Cement tiles pair magnificently, so you can have your cake and eat it, too. (While you admire your gorgeous new Cement tile floors or countertops.)
If you’re wondering what other people are doing with their Cement tiles, you’ve come to the right place. Check out some of the most popular tile patterns in our gallery… xx
Still, trying to figure out where to start but eager to try something new? Our experts can assist you at every step – and we love collaborating with our customers!
Shop for Cement Mexican Tiles in Our Samples Store
- 12×12 Octagon Tile in Saltillo Flooring| Manganese Saltillo Floors$4.25
- 8×8 Cement Tile, Philadelphia Turquoise, Encaustic Concrete Floor Tile$6.95
- Product on sale8×8 Cement Tile – Roseton Black White Pattern – Encaustic Floor Tile
- Product on sale8×9 Hexagon Cement Tile – Blue Encaustic Floor Tile – Concrete Tile
- Cement Tile Design – Espanola Encaustic Tiles 8×8 – Concrete Flooring$6.95
- Concrete Tile Design – 8×8 Avallon Cement Turquoise Tile – Rustico$8.00
- Concrete Tile Design – 8×8 Estrella Cement Tile – Encaustic Tiles$6.25
- Encaustic Cement Tile – Roseton Design – Rustic Style Concrete Floors$6.50
- Encaustic Cement Tile – Thames Design – Spanish Style Rustic Flooring$6.25
- Product on saleEncaustic Cement Tile Flooring – Sofia Concrete Tile Design – Black White Gray
How Much Do Cement Floor Tiles Cost?
Here’s some more good news: Cement tiles are surprisingly affordable! Prices vary between $6 and $20 per square foot. Several factors determine the price.
So, if you tell us a little bit about your project, we’ll be able to give you a detailed estimate – no strings attached. An initial investment in Cement tiles will yield many years of beautiful, durable results.
Just be sure to work with a reputable supplier and follow proper installation procedures (we’ll be here to walk you through a few straightforward installation steps and answer any questions you have along the way). We also have advice about 5 things not to do with cement floor tiles.
Popular Uses For Cement Style Tile
Cement tiles are a historic choice for all sorts of spaces and styles. From Minimalist to Mediterranean, Colonial to Contemporary, you’ll find these tiles worldwide in countless personal and professional structures.
- Homes: Cement tiles are an excellent choice for both floors and walls. They also look dynamite on stairs, ceilings, kitchen countertops, and backsplashes.
- Businesses: Cement tiles add class and beauty to all sorts of business environments. Think of hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and salons.
- Outdoor spaces: The naturally durable, water-resistant properties of Cement tiles make them a frontrunner for outdoor applications such as patio flooring and pool surrounds. They’re also popular for accent décor designs.
We ship cement tiles to all types of businesses, large and small, worldwide. Whether patterned, solid colors, or both, Cement tiles can be as featured or subtly integrated as you’d like them to be. Each tile’s unique color and texture variations celebrate their hand-made origins and are delightfully customizable. So give them a try – you won’t be disappointed.