Terra Cotta Flooring Ideas for Your Home
I accidentally got into the terra cotta flooring business by stumbling across a few tiles I tried to sell on eBay many years ago. I was successful…sold a lot of them.
Now, over 200K (happy) customers later, we’ve seen a lot of terra cotta flooring. So, we’re sharing what’s stood the test of time and looks best. I hope that you’ll find something to use for your terracotta floor project.
We won’t bore you with the ‘how it’s done’ details. We have other posts for that.
This is a quick read because videos and pictures of terracotta floors tell the best story.
Terra Cotta Flooring Designs
Patterns, Shapes, & Sizes
Long gone are the days of boring 12×12 Mexican tiles. While square tiles are a classic approach to rustic-style floors, consider making a bold statement with decorative tile patterns. One of our favorite aspects of artisan, handmade tiles is the variety of patterns, shapes, and sizes.
For example, hexagon terracotta tile floors have been around for generations but still trend in popularity today. Our Riviera pattern is a 2-tile floor pattern that WOWs upon impact. Also, another fan favorite is the octagon terra cotta flooring pattern. Because terracotta tiles look so beautiful with Mexican Talavera tile, this pattern is integral to rustic home décor.
Watch this (short) video to see a lot of Saltillo terracotta patterns!
If you’re considering terra cotta flooring for your home or business, don’t miss out on exploring the dozens of shapes and sizes available. On Pinterest, you’ll also find hundreds of terracotta tile pictures in our tile patterns galleries. Check it out!
Terra Cotta Tile Pictures
This is where to find the best terracotta floor ideas!
The beauty of terracotta tile is that it looks great in any setting. Whether you choose a simple, neutral color palette or go all out with bright colors, terracotta tile will add warmth and character to your space. Hopefully, you gain some great ideas for your home by scrolling through these terracotta tile pictures!
Colors that Look Good with Terracotta Floors
Mexican Tile Floor Ideas
Mexican Tiles Samples
Explore a few of our favorite samples on sale now!
- 16×16 Mexican Saltillo Tile | Large Square Terracotta FlooringProduct on sale
- 6×12 Spanish Mission Red Terracotta Herringbone Tile | Handmade Mexican Saltillo Ships WorldwideProduct on sale
- Arabesque Pattern in Spanish Terracotta Flooring, San Felipe Saltillo TileProduct on sale
- Victorian Cement Tile Flooring – 8×8 Encaustic Mexican Tiles – RusticoProduct on sale
- Encaustic Cement Tile Flooring – Sofia Design – Black White Gray TileProduct on sale
- 8×9 Hexagon Cement Tile – Blue Encaustic Floor Tile – Rustico TileProduct on sale
- Handmade Concrete Tile – 8×8 Circulos Design – Contemporary Floor TileProduct on sale
- 8×8 Cement Tile, Philadelphia Turquoise, Encaustic Concrete Floor TileProduct on sale
- Saltillo Mexican Tile 16×16 Spanish Mission Red Terracotta FlooringProduct on sale
- 12×12 Hexagon Sealed Manganese Mexican Saltillo FlooringProduct on sale
- Manganese Mexican Saltillo Tile, Riviera – Spanish Flooring by RusticoProduct on sale
- 12×12 Sealed Mexican Saltillo Tile, Reclaimed Spanish Terracotta FloorProduct on sale