- What Will a Saltillo Tile Outdoor Floor Do For You?
- What is Rustico's Best Outdoor Tile for Patios?
- Mexican Tile Stairs: What Tiles are Best for Outside Steps?
- Make a Splash with Saltillo Tile Pool Coping
- Installation Advice for Saltillo Tile on Outdoor Patios
- Room Visualizer Tool
What Will a Saltillo Tile Outdoor Floor Do For You?
Saltillo tile will kick your outdoor décor game up a notch. From patios to pool surrounds, this tile checks all the boxes:
- Low maintenance
We know; you want to learn more about these fantastic tiles. Who wouldn’t?
So, here’s the scoop on Saltillo outdoor tile flooring.
It comes in a range of beautiful earth tones. Are you a nature lover? So is Saltillo tile: it comes in enticing shades of soft terracotta, brown, and beige. You’ll find it easy to channel elements of the great outdoors into your home décor.
It’s endlessly customizable. Shapes, sizes, patterns, colors – there are countless combinations to choose from. With so many variations at your fingertips, you can be sure your outdoor retreat is one hundred percent unique.
It can make your space look bigger. It’s true! When you extend your indoor flooring to an outdoor patio, it visually expands the reach of your home. In fact, with Saltillo tile, the transition from indoors to outdoors is seamless. And the results are stunning.
It wears well. Saltillo tiles are known for their toughness and longevity. With the proper topcoat sealer for Saltillo tile, it is resistant to water, oil, stains, and UV rays. This makes it an ideal choice for areas that receive a lot of sun and rain. As long as the tile is installed correctly and sealed properly, it can withstand the elements and heavy foot traffic for years to come.
It won’t break the budget. Another advantage of a Saltillo tile patio is its affordability. Compared to other outdoor terracotta flooring options, such as natural stone or concrete pavers, Saltillo is relatively inexpensive (our tiles range from $3 – $10 per square foot). Plus, it’s a DIY-friendly option, saving you money on installation costs.
What is Rustico’s Best Outdoor Tile for Patios?
We usually don’t play favorites… But for outdoor spaces, two types of Saltillo tiles really go the extra mile:
- Antique Saltillo: Made with a naturally textured surface, it resembles reclaimed Terracotta tile.
- Antique Mission Red Saltillo: Also made with a naturally textured surface, it has a lush red tone.
Both of these Saltillo tile patio options are ideal for places where a nonslip grip is required – like an outdoor patio or alongside a pool. Featured here are the Antique San Felipe pattern and the Antique Riviera pattern.
Is a different tile tugging at your decorating heartstrings? Not a problem. If you prefer another Saltillo patio option, go ahead and grab it. We’ve got a nonslip topcoat sealer that will give your chosen tiles plenty of traction.
Here’s the crazy thing: these gorgeous tiles are also easy keepers. Saltillo tile outdoor flooring is super easy to clean: Sweep it. Hose it. That’s it. See how our 12×12 Mexican Saltillo flooring looks in Lake Havasu!
Saltillo tiles evoke a warm, inviting ambiance. For example, they’re like the classic Little Black Dress: Whether hosting work colleagues for cocktails or relaxing with your kiddos, these tiles easily dress up or down. And they slay in just about any setting.
Mexican Tile Stairs: What Tiles are Best for Outside Steps?
Stairs need love, too! Saltillo tile stair coping can add a touch of rustic elegance to any outdoor or indoor staircase.
(By the way: “coping” refers to the process of creating a smooth, rounded edge on a stair tread or riser. Now, back to the fun stuff!)
Let’s put some pep in your steps! Saltillo tile coping delivers next-level stair flair. It’s fashionable and practical: colors and patterns add lowkey drama, while the tile’s slip-resistant texture improves safety.
How exactly do you make boring stairs look attractive, you ask? Try these on for size:
- Contrast deep red and orange Saltillo tiles on stair treads for a luxurious ambiance.
- Create stunning patterns on your risers with colorful Cement or Talavera tiles.
- Incorporate mosaic tiles for an intricate design.
- Play with shapes and sizes for added depth.
You get the idea. Saltillo stair coping adds a dose of warmth and character to any staircase.
Make a Splash with Saltillo Tile Pool Coping
Get ready to revamp your pool oasis. Saltillo tile pool coping is a unique and functional poolside companion. We’ve got a variety of tile sizes, colors, and patterns on deck to help you achieve your dream design.
Want to punch up the drama?
Check out Cantera stone tile. Bring these elegant tiles to the Saltillo tile pool party, and you’ll be rewarded with aesthetically appealing – and slip-resistant – flooring. Or, try a combination of light and dark stone colors for a bold touch.
Installation Advice for Saltillo Tile on Outdoor Patios
Much like northern folks who prefer to winter in Florida, Saltillo tile can survive in many locations, but it thrives in temperate climates. It must be installed correctly for it to perform well – especially in inclement weather.
Here’s a basic recipe for happy outdoor Saltillo tiles:
- In temperate or seasonal climates, we recommend applying a waterproofing membrane in full coverage across the Saltillo tile outdoor slab. Don’t skip this step!
- Follow that membrane by only using high-quality thinset to lay the tile.
- Always install quality, presealed tiles.
- After installing tiles, apply a final topcoat sealer with UV protective properties and a long lifespan.
If you follow these rules, your Mexican Saltillo tiles will live their best life for decades. And if you have any questions about installation or maintenance, reach out any time. We’re here to help. But we only offer technical advice for Saltillo tile outdoor products supplied by our company.
Working on a Project that Calls for Outdoor Tiles?
We offer low, wholesale-direct prices, and we ship worldwide. So it’s a snap to get an estimate: just fill out our short form to request pricing. Then, we’ll email you the quote or call with any questions.
Call us at 512-260-9111 or drop us an email, and we’ll be happy to walk you through your options. Helping our customers find the perfect combination of tile colors, sizes, and patterns to make every space in their homes count is our bread and butter.
Shop a Few Outdoor Patio Tiles in Our Samples Store
- Product on sale12×12 Octagon Tile in Spanish Mission Red Terracotta Flooring
- 8×8 Hexagon Saltillo Tile | Sealed Mexican Pavers | Rustico Tile$3.75
- Authentic 16×16 Mexican Saltillo Tile: Real Clay Tiles$7.15
- Product on saleBeautiful Arabesque Tile Pattern in Rustico Saltillo Tile | San Felipe
- Picket Tile Pattern | Rustico’s Spanish Mission Red Saltillo Flooring$5.40
- Riviera Pattern in Manganese Saltillo Tiles | Rustico Tile and Stone$4.50
- Rustico Tile | 12×12 Octagon Tile in Manganese Saltillo Flooring$4.25
- Product on saleStar and Cross Pattern in Antique Terracotta Tile | Nonslip Tiles