Ready to kick up the wow factor in your home? Traditional Spanish tiles have a rich history dating back centuries and are still a top choice for designers and homeowners today. Read on for the deets about traditional Spanish tile designs, styles, and project possibilities.
- What are Spanish Tiles?
- What Can Spanish Tiles Be Used For?
- Spanish Tile Trivia
- Shop for Traditional Spanish Floor Tiles in Our Samples Store
- Room Visualizer Tool
What are Spanish Tiles?
Authentic Spanish tiles are handcrafted tiles that can be designed in various beautiful colors and patterns. In fact, there are many types of Spanish tiles, each with its unique characteristics. They include:
- Talavera Tiles
- Cement Tiles
- Cantera Stone·
Plus, Spanish tiles can be classy and reserved or bold and dynamic. They’re ready to follow your home décor lead.
What Can Spanish Tiles Be Used For?
One of the reasons Spanish tiles are so popular is their versatility, serving the purposes of functionality and decor. For example, you’ll see them worldwide for use as:
- Indoor and outdoor spaces
- And a lot more… but we don’t have enough time!
And here’s some good news: you don’t have to live in a Mediterranean or Spanish-style home to enjoy all the charm and beauty that authentic Spanish tiles offer. They complement and enhance just about any décor, from charming old-world Spanish Revival, to funky and eclectic.
Best Spanish Floor Tiles
Handmade terracotta tiles are one of the most sought-after varieties of traditional Spanish tiles. This is because they are both durable and visually appealing. For example, our terracotta floor tiles are handmade in the Mexican city of Saltillo, Coahuila (hence their name, ‘Saltillo Terracotta tiles’). Saltillo tiles are known for their warm, earthy tones and unique variations in color and texture.
They come in many patterns, shapes, and sizes, and their array of natural colors looks striking in any style of home.
Talavera Tiles for Accents & Spanish Decor
Next, Talavera tiles (hand-painted Mexican tiles) are a beautiful, cost-effective way to pull artistic energy into your space. They can:
- Add color and texture
- Accent your current room décor
- Certainly, Talavera tiles protect your kitchen and bathroom surfaces (think backsplashes and countertop tiling)
Also, our Talavera Mexican tiles are handmade for each client, so you’ll know you have a one-of-a-kind design in your home.
Decorative Cement Tile in Kitchens, Bathrooms, & Bedrooms
Cement tiles (or encaustic-style concrete tiles) are known for their intricate patterns and distinctive colors. They add interest to a floor or wall and add personality in various design situations. But also, our Cement tiles are custom-made and come in an enticing array of shapes, sizes, and patterns. So, they look incredibly gorgeous in the bathroom, bedroom, or kitchen.
Cantera Stone Tile for Outdoor Spaces, Columns, & Features
Interestingly, Cantera stone tile blends strength with design appeal. Also, it is often the product of choice for outdoor spaces due to its naturally slip-resistant surface. So, try Cantera stone tile for:
- Patio flooring
- Pool surrounds
- Outdoor stair coping
We have an impressive selection of colors and sizes to choose from. Say hello to a space that’s uniquely ‘you.’
Spanish Tile Trivia
- There are many types of Traditional Spanish tiles.
- They have been handmade by skilled artisans for generations.
- Both the flooring and Spanish decorative tiles are popular for countless styles of homes and businesses.
- Additionally, they often feature bold, colorful patterns.
- They are known for their durability and visual appeal.
- Handmade Spanish tiles are luxurious and cost-effective.
- Finally, they can be mixed and matched for added design flair and personalization.
Whether you’re going for a rustic or modern design, incorporating traditional Spanish tiles into your home’s décor is an instant win.
Shop for Traditional Spanish Floor Tiles in Our Samples Store
- 12×12 Octagon Pattern Floor | Sealed Saltillo Tile Floors$3.75
- 12×12 Octagon Tile in Saltillo Flooring| Manganese Saltillo Floors$4.25
- 16×16 Mexican Saltillo Tile | Large Square (Real) Clay Tiles$7.15
- 8×8 Cement Tile, Philadelphia Turquoise, Encaustic Concrete Floor Tile$6.95
- Product on sale8×9 Hexagon Cement Tile – Blue Encaustic Floor Tile – Concrete Tile
- Cement Tile Design – Espanola Encaustic Tiles 8×8 – Concrete Flooring$6.95
- Concrete Tile Design – 8×8 Estrella Cement Tile – Encaustic Tiles$6.25
- Encaustic Cement Tile – Roseton Design – Rustic Style Concrete Floors$6.50
- Encaustic Cement Tile – Thames Design – Spanish Style Rustic Flooring$6.25
- Handmade Mexican Saltillo Tile | Riviera Pattern Mexican Saltillo$4.75
- Picket Mexican Saltillo Tile | Elongated Hexagon in Mission Red$5.40
- Picket Terracotta Tile Pattern | Elongated Hexagon Terracotta Flooring$3.50
- Riviera Pattern in Manganese Saltillo Tiles | Handmade Saltillo$4.50
- Product on saleSan Felipe Pattern in Sealed Traditional Saltillo Tile | Arabesque Pattern
- Spanish Mission Red Terracotta Tiles in 6×12 Rectangle Pattern$2.95